What is Puja ?
Puja is the act of showing our faith and respect to a God, a spirit, or another aspect of the divine through invocations, prayers, songs, and rituals thereby making a spiritual connection with the divine. Most often this contact is facilitated through an object: an Image, element of nature, a sculpture, a painting, or a print.
It is a well known fact that the entire universe along with all its planets have been created by the supreme power ( God ) and hence it is also possible to reduce one’s sufferings due to the unfavorable position of planets through sincere reliance on God by performing the necessary Puja.
During Puja an image or other symbol of the god serves as a means of gaining access to the divine. This icon is not the deity itself; rather, it is believed to be filled with the deity’s cosmic energy. It is a focal point for honoring and communicating with the God..
The objects are created as receptacles for spiritual energy that allow the devotee to experience direct communication with his or her Gods.
Benefits of a Puja
According to our sacred texts, Puja is done for:
- There are several malefic ( unfavorable ) forces that threaten our Peace and Happiness. These forces can be eliminated with the help of a Puja.
- If a person wants to go ahead on a spiritual path, he needs to do Pujas which immensely help him achieve this goal of gaining Spiritual prosperity.
- A Puja is also a must if one is about to start a new venture like Business, construction of a House or for some important events like a Journey, Exams, Marriage and likewise.
- Puja is also performed to create positive vibrations in the house so that the life of the residents should be peaceful and without any troubles.
- Puja is also performed to create positive atmosphere in the office so that the business runs smoothly thereby bringing about material abundance.
- Puja is a must at the time of Marriage as the newly wed couple needs all the blessings of Gods for a happy and a successful Married Life.
- Puja is also immensely helpful when one is suffering from some severe ailment of any kind related to Body, Brain or Soul.
In Short, whenever we do anything new or we face any problem beyond our control, we should seek the blessings of the almighty God by performing necessary Puja and Homam.